28 May 2014

Backyard Beauty and good news

Here I am in my backyard, showing off our beautiful mulberry tree. (Also the slipperydip, cubby/tree house, clothes line and dog's various ripped bits and pieces!)
I am wearing my bear rug ( fluffy secondhand jacket that I slightly changed so I didn't look like a sack tied in the middle), my long skirt - thrifted, a secondhand scarf, and hood of a vest I knitted.

Our dog Winter wanted to be in on the act. It was very blowy and cold!

You can see my red sneakers peeping out.

Here is the vest with a secondhand cashmere jumper underneath..

And Winter once again! ( She is a Spanador - Labrador/Cockerspaniel Mix...gorgeous nature, but likes her food!)

Underneath we have the wonders of the skull leggings and wool socks!

Here are the earrings close up. They are a paua shell design with a spiral centre. (Our sunny, messy family room behind:-)

And I have had some good news...my mole sample was clear. No skin cancer today! Yay! Yay!  and  a thousand times Yay!!!
And a thousand thanks for your supportive comments and wishes sent.

I will endeavour to live in gratitude for this extended life I have. My ring will serve as a reminder to appreciate every moment...even the bad ones! :-)

'Til next time, keep creating,
Jazzy Jack

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your good news! Love that long turquoise skirt - such a vibrant colour. And I love pet-bombs in pics. :)

    Re: your wondering about my earrings and how the sterling silver bent hoops stay on - there is a sheer bit of purple ribbon that loops through them and back to the top. You can see the edge of it on the righthand one in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you to-day as you layered your garments with the glowing mulberry tree as your backdrop . ....and Winter peeping in. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you and cheers for a benign mole! I LOVE that knitted vest with a hood and it is just fabulous with that long skirt! YOU are the backyard beauty!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetie! I love the turquoise against the yellow. The vest was made with the cheap dregs of wool at the end of the season from a jumper pattern made from cotton. I converted it to wool and took the sleeves off (too lazy!) and it didn't turn out too bad :-)

      Delete
  4. I adore your hoodie!! Great touch. Lovely lovely color mix here. And of course not everybody rocks such funky leggings the way you do! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalia! That means a lot coming from a beautiful dresser like you :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the colours in this outfit. The vest is such a beauty and looks really great in combination with the maxi skirt. Beautiful photos with that yellow leaves of the tree as the background.

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!